Calling Young WA Creatives
Are you 16-26, based in WA, and want to have an impact in the creative industry? We want to hear from you!
Creativity serves as a dynamic force that not only defines individual identity but also shapes the cultural and societal landscapes we inhabit. It is a powerful vehicle for self-expression, offering a lens through which one's unique perspective can be shared with the world.
At an individual level, creative endeavours foster personal growth and reflection, contributing to a sense of purpose and fulfilment. On a larger scale, creative works have the potential to influence and redefine cultural norms, challenge societal perceptions, and even shape critical decisions.
Throughout history, some of the most impactful and distinctive creations, whether in film, art, audio, or other forms, have served as catalysts for change, sparking conversations and inspiring movements.
We want to illuminate your creative journey, delve into your experiences within the industry, explore the impact of your identity on your work, and reflect on the challenges you've triumphed over.
- A young creative aged 16 to 26?
- Residing in Western Australia?
- Enthusiastic about sharing your creative odyssey and dismantling barriers?
- Ready to contribute to a publication that champions diversity in the creative realm?
- Prepared to inspire the upcoming generation of creatives?
If so, we want you!
What's in store for you...
- The chance for your story to be featured on WhyNot, reaching audiences across national and global platforms.
- The opportunity to present at the Youth Week WA 2024 KickstART Festival, contributing to the inspiration of future creatives.
- A payment of $300 for selected presenters at Youth Week (with a $150 compensation for all other published submissions).
For more details on what's involved, please refer to our Propel Arts Submission Guidelines.
Submissions close Feb 23.