Ready to share? Awesome! You can submit right here.
What kind of content are we looking for?
WhyNot is a collection of stories, thoughts and ideas that are uncensored, un-institutionalised, and without any other agenda than to make sure the voices of young people are heard.
We’re looking for original and unique pieces of work by young people aged 18 to 30. We want you to shed a light on what it is like to be a young person today. From managing life’s triumphs and hurdles, to finding your place in the world, to bringing attention to little-known issues – we want to hear it all!
Check out some of our other submissions to get a feel of the content that we have had submitted in the past.
Thinking of submitting? Amazing! Before you send in your masterpiece, here are some things to keep in mind.
- Am I between the ages of 18 & 30?
- If written, is my piece between 500-800 words (or as close to that as I can get it)?
- Is my piece purposeful – does it have a clear beginning, middle and end that provides my readers with a sense of completion?
- Is my piece personal and engaging – have I provided my readers with thought provoking content that is authentic to my own story, thoughts and ideas?
- Is my piece original and unique – despite the fact that this topic has been previously covered, am I saying something new and impactful that will inspire and empower my readers?
- Is my piece timely and relevant – does my work reflect on my experiences as a young person?
Quick Tip: – we know your work will be incredible but if you are unsure have a friend read through it first and get their thoughts.
WhyNot is an inclusive space and therefore we will not publish submissions that are:
- Racist, sexist or discriminatory
- Contain unhelpful advice
- Defamatory, or overly critical of services or organisations
- Dogmatic, such as setting out courses of action as “the only way”
- Discuss methods or depicts images of suicide or self-harm
- Discuss drug usage in an unbalanced way
- Obscene, or uses graphic sexual language
- Posted for commercial purposes
- Promotes inaccurate, inappropriate or harmful advice
- Restricted by copyright (see here for further information)
- For any other reason are likely to cause harm/distress to other young people reading the story